In 1906, brothers Sam and Harvey Mills were employed at a large department store in Roslyn, WA., owned by the Northern Pacific Railroad. Later that year, Sam and Harvey spent time looking for possible sights for a men's clothing store of their own.
After settling on Wenatchee, they bought out a small clothing store and returned to Roslyn to resign their positions. On September 10th, 1906, they opened Mills Bros. Menswear.
In 1918, the other half of the building they occupied was purchased and further improvements were made.
Throughout the years there have been different facades on the front of the building and different looks to the interior.
Sam and Harvey each had a son, Sam and Jim respectively. The elder Mills were active in the business through the mid 1960's; although, operations were turned over to the second generation in the mid 1950's. Sam Jr. and Jim were principals until 1983 when they retired and sold out to Sam the third, who continues to run Mills Bros. today.